Safety / Site Reviews
Safety is a top priority.
Chaparral Materials takes safety very seriously.
In addition to carrying a full line of safety products, we also staff a full-time safety professional who works closely with our customers and their general contractors to ensure all safety guidelines are met and that the proper equipment is used when we make deliveries. Some of the safety products we stock for purchase include:
- Guardian Fall Protection supplies
- Lift personal protection equipment
- 3M Respirator supplies
- Certified Safety Manufacturing first aid kits
In addition, we perform annual boom inspections for our trucks and conduct full safety and site reviews for our customers. If you have a jobsite that requires specialized or dedicated safety training, let us know and we can help!
Chaparral Materials trains and certifies all of its operators in-house so that they are prepared to safely deliver materials to your jobsite. We hold weekly safety meetings for all of our employees and provide continuous safety training on boom cranes, fall protection, hazard communication, and materials handling.
Each one of our employees is trained to:
- Respond to unsafe conditions
- Use personal protective equipment
- Develop safe work practices
- Recognize safety hazards
- Follow all established safety rules.
It is the practice of our company to make sure all managers and supervisors focus primarily on creating a safe work environment for employees and ensuring that they have received proper training.
OSHA and DOT Compliant
Our company understands the importance of OSHA when it comes to the health and safety of our workers. We are committed to full compliance with OSHA and DOT laws and regulations, and in this spirit we conduct regular jobsite visits to check for crew compliance.
With respect to OSHA, our employees are trained in:
- Walking-working surfaces
- Hazard communication
- Personal protective equipment
- Material handling
- Power industrial trucks
With respect to DOT, our employees are trained in:
- Controlled substances, alcohol use and testing
- Safety fitness procedures
- Qualifications of drivers
- Driving of commercial motor vehicles
- Parts and accessories for safe operation
- Hours of service drivers
- Inspection, repair and maintenance
- Transportation of hazardous materials
In addition, we provide each of our drivers with Smith System® driver improvement training.